Monday 10 August 2015

My life in Warsaw... so far

Warsaw, surprisingly- or not, turned out to be a really stimulating city in which a probability to get bored equals zero. During the second semester of my studies in the capital of Poland I had an opportunity to attend many cool events, among others:

Royal Garden of Light in Wilanów



gingerNaya

Grand Bazar (fashion fair in the Bracia Jabłkowscy Department Store)- gingerNaya & I


A concert of a French band Mars Red Sky in Hydrozagadka- Natalia & I

A concert of a Polish band Hey during ATD (Absolvent Talent Days)
 at the National Stadium- Arek, Wiktor, Janek, Natalia, Marta & I



A 'Water-Light-Sound' multimedia show in Fountain Park


A before party ~before~ Orange Warsaw Festival= a concert 
of a Polish rock band Terrific Sunday 
on a rooftop of Warszawa Śródmieście railway station


Orange Video Fest- a Polish YouTube convention in Torwar Hall



Warsaw Book Fair at the National Stadium 





An A-class cover artist- Dave Johnson & I

 

Night of Museums in Warsaw (Botanic Garden)
  




A concert of a Dutch band Epica 
during a Warsaw Student Festival Ursynalia


I visited a couple of museums:

The National Museum in Warsaw 
(during the exibition of Olga Boznańska's paintings)

 The Muzeum of Motorization and Techniques 
in the Palace of Culture and Science




Museum of Modern Art



I observed the streets & parks:

ul. Widok

ul. Puławska

ul. Nowy Świat

Łazienki Park



  

  


Aleje Ujazdowskie



ul. Mokotowska

  
Plac Marszałka Józefa Piłsudskiego


Skwer ks. Jana Twardowskiego

Metro Wilanowska

ul. Emilii Plater

Królikarnia

I travelled by train. A lot.





I started to work out...



... and study. Not pretend to study, but actually study- in the corridor, university library, windowsill. Better late than never.



So far everything has been going well. I hope that my next year in this city will be a step forward, not backward. I have a strong feeling that I won't be disappointed. The only condition is that I will keep my eyes open and rise to the occasion. 
For now, I'm taking a break from the capital. I'm spending some time with my family in Cracow, exploring my homeland and travelling abroad. And it will hopefully be like thar till the end of September when I'm going to move into my new flat. Stay tuned for a possible room tour ;)
And, btw., I'm officially not a teenager anymore. I turned 20 yesterday. It's time I acted like a grown up. Ehh.
Anyway, I wish you all a great summer vacation :* With a bit of luck I'm going to add another post this month. In a week or two... We'll see ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment